General Counsel and Company Secretary
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Elixinol Global is a public company listed on the Australia Securities Exchange (ASX code:EXL).
Elixinol Global Limited is a global leader in the cannabis industry, selling hemp-derived CBD dietary supplements, hemp food and wellness products, as well as holding a manufacturing licence for medicinal cannabis products.
Elixinol Global’s businesses include:
- Elixinol LLC (Elixinol), a manufacturer and global distributor of industrial hemp based dietary supplement and skincare products, with operations based out of Colorado, USA;
- Hemp Foods Australia Pty Ltd (Hemp Foods Australia), a leading hemp food wholesaler, retailer, manufacturer and exporter of bulk and branded raw materials, and finished products; and
- Nunyara Pharma Pty Ltd (Nunyara), founded in 2014 to participate in the emerging Australian medicinal cannabis market. Nunyara holds a manufacturing licence and its application for cultivation to the Office of Drug Control is currently pending approval.
See more at www.elixinolglobal.com
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled, experienced and ‘hands-on’ General Counsel and Company Secretary with ASX listed company experience to join our energetic, professional and expanding team based in Sydney.
As our General Counsel and Company Secretary you will report to the Group CEO and will work closely with the Elixinol Global Board and senior management team to provide a full spectrum of legal and compliance issues to support corporate level transactions and the operations of our businesses. You will ensure all operations of the organisation are conducted within the limits prescribed by law and that the group’s rights are fully protected through the provision of legal counsel and guidance.
- Provide advice on legal responsibilities and compliance.
- Provide legal support on M&A and ECM transactions.
- Provide legal support on major projects.
- Manage legal aspects of Joint Venture matters.
- Litigation management.
- Manage continuous disclosure and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for ASX announcements and company reports (including annual report, full and half yearly reports and quarterly reports).
- Managing the Board and Board Subcommittees as Company Secretary.
- Responsible for AGM and any extraordinary general meetings including the preparation of the notice of meeting and explanatory notes.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance to ensure compliance with regulatory framework and prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Review legal documents, major contractual commitments and interpretation of rights and obligations.
- Prepare key template legal agreements for use across the business.
- Maintain and manage relationship with external legal advisers that support efficient and effective provision of legal services to the organisation and its business units.
- Work with the Human Resources and others as appropriate to develop and manage training and compliance programs to promote understanding of the organisation's legal rights and obligations and a culture of compliance.
- Manage and resolve major disputes with minimum impact to business either through mediation or litigation.
- Continuously seek ways to improve business operations to ensure effective legal compliance.
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of disputes.
- Lead and manage the performance and development of the legal team.
- Work closely with senior managers on significant corporate initiatives.
- Provide timely reporting, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of legal compliance efforts.
- Ensure the group meets all reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the development of corporate and strategic directions to ensure the group has organisational capability to respond to current and future challenges.
We are interested in hearing from people who have
If you can picture yourself being part of this team please send an email and your CV to Carliene Zweers at email@example.com or refer to a friend.